In these Terms, the following terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
“Personal Data” refers to personally identifiable information about Visitors including their name, phone number, email address and contact details, and other personal information incidental to such Visitor’s interaction with the Website, but excluding any business contact information.
“Visitor” refers to a user who browses the Website.
“Website Content” refers to all information, text, images, videos, data, links, or other material posted on the sections of the Website: (i) that are publicly available; and (ii) which you have the right to access, whether created by us or provided by a third party for display on the Website.
2. Acceptance of Terms
Please read these Terms carefully as they create a binding contract between you and NWLsg.
Please review these Terms before using the Website. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you must immediately discontinue your use of the Website.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time for any reason. Access to the Website is subject to these Terms, as they are amended from time to time and published on the Website. You should therefore read this page carefully each time you access the Website. Your continued access to the Website shall be deemed as your having read, understood and willingly accepted the revised Terms published on the Website.
3. Access to the Website
The accessibility and operation of the Website rely on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the Website.
We reserve the right to temporarily suspend or shut down the Website for system maintenance or for such other purposes as we may require, as and when necessary.
Access to some parts of the Website, such as the Members Only, are strictly restricted to registered members of NWLsg.
If you choose, or you are provided with, an identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
4. Acceptable Use
As a Visitor, you can browse and view the Website and the Website Content in accordance with these Terms and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within Singapore or other jurisdictions from which you are accessing this Website.
The Website and/or Website Content may not be used for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. Except as otherwise provided, the Website Content shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, adapted, modified or otherwise displayed or distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of NWLsg.
Modification of any of the Website Content or use of the Website Content for any other purpose will be a violation of NWLsg’s copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics, photographs, video, audio, software programs and images on this Website are protected by copyright and other proprietary rights and may not be reproduced, published, distributed, copied, modified, appropriated or exploited in any manner without written permission of NWLsg.
You may only use the Website in the capacity of an end-user. You must not: reproduce, distribute, sell or resell, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate to the public, create derivative works from or otherwise use and exploit any Website Content except as permitted by these Terms or with prior written permission of NWLsg.
If you use our Website on your mobile device, your mobile carrier’s normal rates and charges apply. We are not responsible for any charges you incur from your mobile carrier as a result of use of the Website. You are responsible for ensuring that at all times while using the Website you are not in violation of your wireless data service agreement. You are solely responsible for all fees and costs associated with your access to and use of the Website.
You will assume responsibility for controlling how your Personal Data is disclosed or used on the Website, including, without limitation, taking appropriate steps to protect such information.
6. Website Content
Subject to these Terms, NWLsg hereby grants to you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable right and licence to access and use the Website, and all Website Content therein, solely within the scope of your status as a Visitor.
NWLsg reserves the right to make changes to document names and content, descriptions or specifications of products or services, or other information without obligation to issue any notice of such changes.
Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Website or any Website Content, through the use of framing or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms; or (b) with our prior written permission or the permission of such third party that may own the trademark or copyright of material displayed on this Website.
NWLsg endeavours to prepare the Website Content in accordance with Singapore law. We do not warrant that the Website will satisfy the laws of any jurisdiction other than Singapore.
NWLsg has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor content posted on the Website, to determine compliance with these Terms and any other applicable rules that we may establish, from time to time. Without limiting the foregoing, NWLsg has the right to remove any material that we, in our sole discretion, find to be in violation of these Terms or otherwise objectionable.
8. Links to External Websites
9. Links from External Websites
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Website or any of the Website Content is strictly prohibited.
You must secure written permission from NWLsg prior to hyper-linking to, or framing, this Website or any of the Website Content, or engaging in similar activities. NWLsg reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyper-linking to, or framing of this Website and/or any of the Website Content.
Under no circumstances shall NWLsg be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to this Website and/or any of the Website Content.
NWLsg reserves all rights to disable or block any links to, or frames of any website containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
NWLsg reserves the right to disable or block any unauthorized links or frames, and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other website reached by links to or from this Website and/or any of the Website Content.
Under no circumstances will NWLsg be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any information communicated or provided on the Website.
All Website Content and information on, or accessible from, the Website is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permitted by law, NWLsg hereby disclaim any warranty:
As to the accuracy, correctness, completeness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Website Content; and
That the Website and/or the Website Content or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses, worms and/or other harmful or invasive elements.
NWLsg shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of the Website, including but not limited to any injury, damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the contents contained in or available from the Website. Neither NWLsg nor any of their respective third party agents shall have any responsibility or liability for any injury, damage or loss caused by any negligence, omission or fault of NWLsg, and/or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors and representatives or sub-contractors in connection with the Website.
You hereby agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend NWLsg, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors and representatives from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defence, including but not limited to, legal fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim that arises in connection with your use of the Website.
Notwithstanding the indemnification given by you, NWLsg shall have the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you under this Clause, and in such case, you agree to fully cooperate as reasonably required with such defence and in asserting any available defences.
12. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall NWLsg, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors and/or representatives be liable to you or any other person or entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, loss of use, or costs of obtaining substitute goods or services) arising out of the use, inability to use, unauthorized access to or use or misuse of the Website and/or Website Content, questions & comments, content or any information contained thereon, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if NWLsg has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
13. Reliance on Information on Website
The Website is a general information source only. The Website Contents do not constitute medical or other professional advice. If medical or other professional advice is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
14. Proprietary Rights
This Website, including the Website Content, is protected by copyright, trademarks and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Website Content are owned by, licensed to or controlled by NWLsg.
Unless otherwise stated in the copyright attribution of any Website Content, NWLsg has the sole copyright to all works on the Website.
All rights are reserved. No part of any works on the Website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission from NWLsg. You may, however, download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
Certain product and service names mentioned on this Website or material displayed on this Website may be intellectual property belonging to third parties. NWLsg does not warrant or represent that if you use such material, you will not infringe the legal rights of these third parties.
15. Jurisdictional Issues
NWLsg makes no representation that information on this Website is appropriate or available for use outside Singapore. Those who choose to access this Website from outside Singapore do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. By using the Website, you consent to having your Personal Data transferred to and processed in Singapore, subject to the restrictions on such data applicable to NWLsg.
The failure of NWLsg to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you agree that the court shall endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
NWLsg reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website by any particular person, or to block access from a particular IP address to this Website, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
18. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Any claim relating to the use of the Website shall be heard by the Singapore courts.
In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the parties shall at first instance take reasonable efforts to settle and resolve such disputes in good faith and in an amicable manner by negotiation.
19. Rights of Third Parties
None of the terms herein shall be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Chapter 53B) or otherwise, by any person or entity who is not a party hereto.
20. Amendments, Variations and Modifications
NWLsg shall reserve the right to amend, vary or modify these Terms at any time, without giving prior notice to you and such amendments shall be effective immediately upon inclusion/publication of such amendment on the Website.
21. Section Headings
The section headings in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
1. As used in this Policy:
“user” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any programs or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the provision of any programs or services by us;
“member” means an individual who has signed up as a member of NWLsg, or an alumni of our programs, whether active or otherwise;
“visitor” refers to anyone who browses the NWLsg website (“the Website”); and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a user who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include but not limited to your name, residential address, email address and telephone number.
3. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) operating our website and/or its subdomains (“Website”);
(b) administering our activities;
(c) communicating with our members and users;
(d) updating your personal and contact information;
(e) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the programs and/or services requested by you;
(f) verifying your identity;
(g) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(h) managing your relationship with us;
(i) processing payment or credit transactions;
(j) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(k) statistical, analysis, planning and reporting;
(l) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
(m) any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. This Policy does not apply to aggregated information which summarises statistical information about groups of members, and which does not include name, contact information, or any other information that would allow any particular individual to be identified.
7. We may disclose or share your personal data:
(b) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the programs and/or services requested by you;
(c) to affiliates, third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes;
(d) if required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal processes served on us or the Website; (ii) protect and defend our rights or property; and (iii) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website; or
(e) where your consent has been obtained for disclosure.
8. Where your use of the Website is concerned, you acknowledge and accept that certain functions, when activated or used by you, will operate to send or display information about yourself, including but not limited to, your personal data to certain third parties, and you agree to the sharing of such information with these third parties. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss, injury or damage sustained by you for sharing the aforesaid information arising out of your activation or use of such features on the Website.
Withdrawing Your Consent
9. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing via email to NWL.firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within thirty (30) business days of receiving it.
11. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our programs or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 9 above.
12. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
13. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing via email to NWL.email@example.com.
14. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
15. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Personal Data
16. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures.
17. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of Personal Data
18. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing via email to NWL.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Personal Data
19. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
20. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
21. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, when you register for programs with our overseas affiliates, you acknowledge and accept that you are deemed to have consented to disclosure, sharing and/or transfer of your personal data so required by them.
22. The Website may place and access certain cookies on your computer and/or any other electronic device used to access the Website. Cookies may be used to improve your experience using the Website and to improve the efficacy of our Services on the Website. However, these cookies are for statistical analysis only and your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
23. Users of the Website are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this Website onto their computers and/or other electronic devices, they should take the necessary steps within their internet browsers’ security settings to block all cookies from this Website
24. You can choose to delete the cookies at any time. However, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including but not limited to personalisation settings.
Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
26. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
27. We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our programs and/or services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Enquiries or Feedback
28. You may contact NWLsg if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, via email to NWL.email@example.com.